Last days


Our last days here up in the north, where spent in Henningsvær. This is a pittoresque little Lofoten town. It was also a lot more touristy than the other places we visited. There are more shops, little cafés and restaurants by the water here, as well as lots of place to camp, go mountain climbing and a very nice and big sandy beach. It's very nice to just walk around here and look at all these little wooden tree houses and explore the coastline. 






But what I liked best here was their unique art gallery. It's inside a restored kaviar factory with a beautiful view. Now called Kavi Fac Ory. I actually wish I could live in that building, it was the exact model of what my dreamhouse would look like. I'm seriously obsessed with that place now.


The best part with this gallery was the photo exhibition they had on the 2nd floor. It was by the very talented Rune Johansen who has this amazing way of seeing beauty in the simplest things. His photos of ordinary people and their homes and belongings are so inspiring and wonderful to look at. They really had a great display in this gallery with big square windows lighting up the room as well as offering you a panoramic view of the sea and those huge jagged mountaintops. Leaving this place I'm determined to someday have a similar spectacular exhibition of my photographs.